Have you ever enjoyed a character breakfast at PCH Grill inside Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel? This beach-themed restaurant is based on the Pacific Coast Highway which runs along the southern California shore. The Surf’s Up Character Breakfast is a fun and lively event hosted by your favorite Disney characters. They serve an amazing breakfast buffet the entire family will enjoy, including an omelet station, Mickey waffles, a parfait station, smoothies, and much, much more! The little ones have their own Beach Party Breakfast Feast, including Mickey waffles, a Build Your Own Omelet station, hot and cold cereals, sausage, bacon and seasonal fresh fruit.
In the video below, you can watch as Chef Mark Buan creates Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast. Sounds amazing, right? This can be served for breakfast, or even drizzled with warm chocolate sauce and served with vanilla ice cream as dessert. We have the recipe for you below…so you can make this delectable dish in your own home. Enjoy!
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast
- 8 thick slices day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.