It is easy to miss in the hustle and bustle of New Orleans Square, but just across the way from the Haunted Mansion as you head towards Critter Country you will find the Harbour Galley (a quick service restaurant). This little gem is a perfect place for lunch – nestled right on the bank of the Rivers of America, there is an additional seating area hidden just beyond the service area in a quiet corner offering a great view.
One of their specialties is the Lobster Roll – and they are sharing the recipe so you can create this dish at home.
(Photos by: http://www.toursdepartingdaily.com)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 celery stalk, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 pound cooked lobster tail and claw meat, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 hot dog buns, preferably split at the top
For garlic butter:
- Combine butter, garlic, parsley, salt, and seafood seasoning in a medium bowl; mash with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
For lobster salad:
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot sauce, and Dijon in a large bowl until very well combined. Stir in celery, garlic, shallot, chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Fold lobster meat into mayonnaise mixture, gently mixing until lobster is well coated. Set aside.
For lobster rolls:
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread garlic butter on both cut sides of hot dog buns; lay buns butter side down on griddle. Toast 1 minute, or until golden and lightly crisp.
- Divide lobster salad evenly among buns and serve immediately.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.